I post a menu plan each week, but I was in the mood to do something thematic and hypothetical. So, here's a list of a week's worth warm and cozy paleo suppers, perfect for football weather. You likely see each of these recipes in my menu plans quite a lot, but grouped together, they just say "autumn" to me. Bonus: they are normal foods that shouldn't break the bank.
- garlic beef stew and savory cauliflower mash (slow cooker recipe) - very easy if you just throw in frozen stew vegetables
- this or this roasted whole chicken (slow cooker recipes), salad & dressing
- sloppy joes (no buns of course, serve with buttered and salted roasted acorn squash)
- chicken tortilla-less soup (flexible slow cooker recipe, omit corn)
- and I'm still not sick of it: balsamic-glazed chicken (use any cut of chicken, I prefer boneless, skinless thighs), broccoli
- my favorite chili, sliced avocado
- a simple stir-fry if you are intent on being hardcore OR thin & crispy primal pizza if you want to splurge (from Primal Cravings* of course)
And a dessert? With fruit juice as the only sweetener:
- open face paleo apple pie (from, you guessed it, Primal Cravings*)
*These recipes require tapioca flour and/or potato starch and coconut flour, but if I can find the Bob's Red Mill versions in the baking aisle of my hometown store, it's likely you will be able to as well. They are usually in the $3-5 range. Worth it for the options they provide, in my opinion.
That's it! There's a week's worth of my favorite simple, hearty, paleo suppers for when there starts to be a chill in the air! Enjoy!